Western NY Canoe and Kayak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western NY Canoe and Kayak

A forum for anyone from western NY who is interested in everything paddle.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Forked Lake Adirondaks Trip

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
beattirb
Admin
beattirb

Forked Lake Adirondaks Trip Empty
PostSubject: Forked Lake Adirondaks Trip   Forked Lake Adirondaks Trip EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 11:28 am

Hi Guys,

I am planning a trip for labor day weekend to Forked Lake in the Adirondaks. The area we'll be staying at is actually a state park, but the whole place is geared for boaters. Many campsites are only accessible by boat. Despite being a state park, it is remote and you won't be camping next to a huge RV. In fact, bear boxes are provided to keep the bears out of your food! You can see information on this particular park here: DEC forked lake page

You can reserve a campsite here: Reserve america forked lake page
Ray, Me, and my gf Staceyrae have booked site number 32 for Saturday the 5th through Monday the 7th, leaving Monday. We will be heading up there Saturday morning. If you're interested, book fast cause they're filling up quick!

This looks like a great place to do some paddling, so check it out!

Let me know if you have any questions. Hope to see you there!
Back to top Go down
Ray
Admin
Ray

PostSubject: Re: Forked Lake Adirondaks Trip   Forked Lake Adirondaks Trip EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 11:14 am

No one els interested? Cmon guys its gonna be a great time.
Back to top Go down
Ray
Admin
Ray

PostSubject: Re: Forked Lake Adirondaks Trip   Forked Lake Adirondaks Trip EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 11:31 pm

GETTING CLOSER!
Back to top Go down
ADKJOE

ADKJOE

PostSubject: Forked lake   Forked Lake Adirondaks Trip EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:19 am

How was camping and paddling at Forked Lake? This is one place I'd like to camp and kayak... Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated... Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Ray
Admin
Ray

PostSubject: Re: Forked Lake Adirondaks Trip   Forked Lake Adirondaks Trip EmptyMon May 16, 2011 6:16 pm

Hi Joe. Sorry for the late reply. I can say it was one of the BEST trips I have ever been on. Will definitely do it again. Camping was great and so was the paddling. I think we have some pics up in the trip reports section. Thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
ADKJOE

ADKJOE

PostSubject: Forked Lake   Forked Lake Adirondaks Trip EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:50 pm

No problem Ray! In case anyone is interested Adirondack explorer has an article on it this issue... I hope to do this in 2012..

http://www.adirondackexplorer.org/stories/2011/04/26/for-every-man-an-island/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forked Lake Adirondaks Trip   Forked Lake Adirondaks Trip Empty

Back to top Go down

Forked Lake Adirondaks Trip
Page 1 of 1