Western NY Canoe and Kayak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western NY Canoe and Kayak

A forum for anyone from western NY who is interested in everything paddle.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spring Moosefest!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
beattirb
Admin
beattirb

Spring Moosefest! Empty
PostSubject: Spring Moosefest!   Spring Moosefest! EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 2:55 pm

I was given the date 5/15,16 today. There will be camping in the local town park with late Friday arrivals expected. This is roughly 2 miles from the Bottom Moose Take Out. There will be a band under the pavillion Saturday night. It will be a byob friendly town event I was told. Sunday morning the firehouse will have a breakfast coordinated. I *think* I recall Rocky said there would be food sold Saturday night as well. For those not wanting to camp there is the nearby rivers edge motel in town. I suggested they torch a cord of wood for lots of Saturday evening enjoyment and Rocky said they would go with it. Damn I don't know what else I'd want for a Spring Moose Fest. Make any suggestions if you can because they are really receptive to ideas.

As a community it would be great to support this event so it could help grow some great local ties between boaters and a local economy that could really use an annual boating event.
Back to top Go down
beattirb
Admin
beattirb

Spring Moosefest! Empty
PostSubject: Update on Moosefest!   Spring Moosefest! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:33 am

Info I just recieved on the latest update from Moosefest. Sounds like there will be a website posted soon with more information:

The document isn't on their website yet but here are some details of what they will be posting. Check back here for that web link . I have a few questions into them as far as how many people are in a camping site. I think they are looking to get $10 (prepaid) or $20 (pay @ checkin) for each boater. They seem to be encouraging anyone to bring a family at no extra charge. I'll ask that they define it a little better but you can see it's not gonna be too spendy.

Spring Moose Fest Details

Two days of release makes for the greatest Class IV & V Kayaking in the USA. Come and join the locals
at the Riverside Park, Lyons Falls, NY offering: Camping, Bonfire, and Entertainment Saturday night,BYOB.

Forest Presbyterian and St. John’s Catholic, two local churches will be serving breakfast on Saturday morning and the Volunteer Fire Department is cooking up dinner Saturday and a brunch on Sunday.
There is a charge for food.

The cost for two days of camping (Friday to Sunday), one campsite is $20.00. If you send a check or
money order by May 7th to reserve your campsite spot the cost is $10. Payable to: “Lyons Falls ALIVE”
PO Box 702 Lyons Falls, NY 13368. Families are welcomed at no additional cost. Sorry no refund.

Please no pets.

Riverside Park is on Laura Street where the Moose River joins the Black River.
Back to top Go down
Ray
Admin
Ray

Spring Moosefest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Moosefest!   Spring Moosefest! EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 1:20 am

See if you can get a flier in a .jpg form so we can post it on the main page.
kayak
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spring Moosefest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Moosefest!   Spring Moosefest! Empty

Back to top Go down

Spring Moosefest!
Page 1 of 1