Western NY Canoe and Kayak

A forum for anyone from western NY who is interested in everything paddle.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

"HELLO MY NAME IS" Matt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
idrivezambonies

PostSubject: "HELLO MY NAME IS" Matt   Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:36 am

Ok I feel like I am at a business meeting, with the Sticker that everyone puts on their shirt with the Sharpie-d in name...I digress.

My name is Matt and I am from Amherst (outside of Buffalo). I just started Kayaking two years ago by renting one at Oak Orchard once a month. Last year my Special Lady surprised me and got the whole family to pitch in for a Kayak for the Birthday. So now I try and go out as much as I can (about once a week) even if it just to get my paddle wet.

I have not tried actual white water but I prefer fast water to open water, so if anyone knows of a good place to go let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "HELLO MY NAME IS" Matt   Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:37 pm

Everyone welcome Matt to the seminar.....Anyways welcome and thank you for posting. The forum is just getting started so please spread the word and STAY DRY.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
waterboy

PostSubject: Re: "HELLO MY NAME IS" Matt   Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:55 pm

hey Matt, if you're looking for whitewater, there has been a forum for paddlers in the area for a long time called FLOW - Finger Lakes Ontario Watershed and there are a lot of boaters and we run a lot of whitewater trips. You just become a member and go on the trips. We do a lot of day trips or weekend or week long trips depending on what river we're talking about.

FLOW

You should also check out American Whitewater for info on rivers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "HELLO MY NAME IS" Matt   

Back to top Go down

"HELLO MY NAME IS" Matt
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1