Western NY Canoe and Kayak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western NY Canoe and Kayak

A forum for anyone from western NY who is interested in everything paddle.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

sore after the first paddle of 2010

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lancehunter

sore after the first paddle of 2010 Empty
PostSubject: sore after the first paddle of 2010   sore after the first paddle of 2010 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:54 pm

My friend Jim and I did Ganargua Creek from Swift's Landing Park in Palmyra to Hydesville Rd in Newark near where the Fox sisters founded the US spiritualist movement in the 1800's. The stream had a good flow and was open except for one portage. This logjam had close to 20 bobbers and Jim got every one of them. We also found a kayak foam seat up in the woods right after he complained about that area! As usual the wildlife was fabulous with waterfowl of all types including wood ducks. There were also kingfishers and blue herons. We also saw 2 muskrats and even a dead deer in a logjam. It ws a big buck! Beaver activity was everywhere andit always amazes the size of the trees they'll tackle. Jim lost it stepping into his kayak at the beginning but the trip was otherwise uneventful that way. This is the perfect trip for intermediate paddlers or novices with more experienced people with them. There are some small and easy rapids as well as many places to get out and stretch or cook along the bank. Let me know if you care to check it out. Larry
Back to top Go down
beattirb
Admin
beattirb

PostSubject: Re: sore after the first paddle of 2010   sore after the first paddle of 2010 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 4:26 pm

Sounds like a good paddle, how long did it take? I'd like to check it out sometime.
Back to top Go down
Ray
Admin
Ray

PostSubject: Re: sore after the first paddle of 2010   sore after the first paddle of 2010 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 4:28 pm

I have been wanting to make this run but I didn't know anyone who had done it. I would love to go if you are interested in going again soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sore after the first paddle of 2010   sore after the first paddle of 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

sore after the first paddle of 2010
Page 1 of 1