Western NY Canoe and Kayak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western NY Canoe and Kayak

A forum for anyone from western NY who is interested in everything paddle.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What brand of Kayak do you have.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
skigrrl

What brand of Kayak do you have. Empty
PostSubject: What brand of Kayak do you have.   What brand of Kayak do you have. EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 8:09 pm

I'm looking to buy a kayak next spring. Give me your reviews. whoot!
Back to top Go down
Ray
Admin
Ray

PostSubject: Re: What brand of Kayak do you have.   What brand of Kayak do you have. EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:49 pm

My girlfriend and I both have Ocean Kayaks (brand). I like the sit in top design for open water but it realy depends on what you will be doing with it the most. My girlfriend has the Venus 10 and I have the scupper pro and they are a very different ride between the both of them.
Back to top Go down
idrivezambonies

idrivezambonies

PostSubject: Re: What brand of Kayak do you have.   What brand of Kayak do you have. EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 12:44 pm

I have the Pamlico by Wilderness Systems. It is a 10 ft multi purpose kayak, however I found it to be easier to maneuver in moving water and a little slower of a paddle in open water. I have also used the tsunami by Wilderness Systems. The tsunami is a 14 ft open water kayak and is the opposite of the Pamlico.

I also just bought a dirt cheap "Otter" by Old Town for my lady friend. If you are looking for an introductory kayak that will let you enjoy some paddling and won't cost a ton of money you should look at this kayak. The only draw back is that there is NO storage space or foot rests.

Good Luck!!!
Back to top Go down
Ray
Admin
Ray

PostSubject: Re: What brand of Kayak do you have.   What brand of Kayak do you have. EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 7:15 pm

It seems everyone that has a Wilderness Systems like them. I hear some of the newer Old Town kayaks are prety good for the price as well.
Back to top Go down
skigrrl

PostSubject: Re: What brand of Kayak do you have.   What brand of Kayak do you have. EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 11:06 pm

i think i am looking for a touring sea kayak. I want something super fast and has storage. it seems everything i like is $2k. ahh i really need a nice used boat so i can tool around the bay. lol
Back to top Go down
idrivezambonies

idrivezambonies

PostSubject: Re: What brand of Kayak do you have   What brand of Kayak do you have. EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 11:27 am

I love my Wilderness Systems (But perhaps I do not know any better). This is the first Kayak I have owned. I used to rent them from Oak Orchard and surprisingly the ones that you can rent there are very different from the one that I have now.

For what you are looking for the 14 ft Tsunami by Wilderness Systems (or comparable) will work perfectly (at least I think…). That last time I was at Oak Orchard Canoe Sales & Rental they had a sale going on and I think the Kayak its self was around $1200-$1400 new. However there are two very large dry wells and one non-sealed well in addition.

About 3 months ago I checked craigslist.com for Kayaks and there were A TON. I am not sure if you have looked there but that is a viable option.

Hope this helps?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What brand of Kayak do you have.   What brand of Kayak do you have. Empty

Back to top Go down

What brand of Kayak do you have.
Page 1 of 1