Western NY Canoe and Kayak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western NY Canoe and Kayak

A forum for anyone from western NY who is interested in everything paddle.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Letchworth kayak/canoe trips

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lancehunter

Letchworth kayak/canoe trips Empty
PostSubject: Letchworth kayak/canoe trips   Letchworth kayak/canoe trips EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 12:30 am

Hi all, I have canoed or kayaked at Letchworth dozens of times over the years. I'm also a rafting guide there as well. It can be done if you realize the carry in and out is a 1/2 mile each way and highly dependent on water levels. The best is between 8.5-10' on the gauge. You can see the levels at americanwhitewater.org. Lower is too scratchy, higher the Genny starts to flex its muscle. I think its worth it due to the scenery and the nice class II rapids. If there's sufficient interest I could lead a party down sometime in May but there's always the option of rafting it first through Adventure Calls. Now if you're really thinking you can handle the big stuff, let's do Cattaraugus Creek in Zoar Valley....
Back to top Go down
Ray
Admin
Ray

PostSubject: Re: Letchworth kayak/canoe trips   Letchworth kayak/canoe trips EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 11:38 am

Hey lance thank you for posting. You sound very knowledgeable about that area. I'm still not very experienced with whitewater but I would love to give it a shot when its somewhat low. I'm sure once all the white stuff is gone we will be able to put together some kind of run. Keep us posted on when you want to go down.

Ray
Back to top Go down
orlanmon

PostSubject: Letchworth Kayaking   Letchworth kayak/canoe trips EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 8:44 am

Good morning Lance..

I am interested in the Letchworth white water when the levels are suited for an entry level white water kayaker, I have take one two hour class at Rock Park in Rochester and four kayaking classes over the winter at Monroe Community College and have three years of flatwater under my belt. I haven't been able to conquer my Eskimo Roll but I have practiced my Wet Exit a number of times. I have a Nissan Frontier that has a bed rack that can fit two +12 ft kayaks and one river creek running/playboat kayak as well. Let me know what you think as far as time frame and I would like to meet up sometime. Also if your acting as a guide on the trip let me know the cost. All the best..

771-8502
Orlando
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letchworth kayak/canoe trips   Letchworth kayak/canoe trips Empty

Back to top Go down

Letchworth kayak/canoe trips
Page 1 of 1